Yok Don National Park has many options for your stay.
If you are afraid that sleeping in the forest may be too close for comfort, you can rent a room in the guest houses at headquarters. Each room comes with a desk, an air conditioner, a wardrobe, a TV, an en-suite, two beds and free wifi. Yok Don National Park has 13 rooms including one triple room, two double rooms and ten twin rooms. Therefore, whether you travel alone, travel with your friends or travel with your family, there is no need to worry about the accommodation for you and your companions.
Rent a room for 350,000 VND/night (~13 USD/night). The price includes breakfast for one person. There is an additional charge of 50,000 VND for breakfast for the second person)
If you have a spirit of adventure and you want to be close to nature as much as possible, you can choose to sleep in a tent or on a military hammock. Please note that because of your safety, you can stay near headquarters only, not deep in the forest.
Sleep in a tent for 150,000 VND/night/2 pax (~ 6.5 USD/night/2 pax)
Sleep on a hammock for 50,000 VND/hammock/day (~ 2.2 USD/hammock/day)
Eat & Drink
Canteen is near the gate of the National Park. It is open from 6:30 a.m to 7:30 p.m. A breakfast with coffee is served every morning at 50,000 VND/meal (~2.2 USD/meal). The rate of a lunch or a dinner is from 100,000 VND to 300,000VND/pax based on the menu you choose. (~4.4 USD – 13 USD/pax)
One meal includes a vegetables dish, omelette and a fish dish or a meat dish (chicken or pork) and dessert (fruits). The menu changes based on discussion.
Guests are welcome to bring their own picnic lunch on tours. Food can be purchased in the early morning at the local market, which is around 2.5 km from the park.
You can also book a meal via the receptionist or the tour guide. Another option is to enjoy a meal at the Forest Protection Station with our kind rangers.
What to bring
- • Appropriate clothing for cultural and safety reasons (shoulders covered, long trousers, hats, sunglasses, sturdy footwear)
- • A backpack with sunblock and insect repellent
- • A lightweight poncho would be of benefit to you, especially when you arrive in Yok Don in rainy season (from May to October)
- • A torch (just in case you need to travel when it becomes dark)
- • A pair of binoculars to watch birds during your stay in Yok Don. If you join birdwatching tour, it is a must-have item to enjoy the trip to the fullest
- • Personal medications